Friday, April 29, 2016

It's out of my hands...


Have you ever come to a point in your life where you just have to surrender and say "God this is too much for me to handle? I don't know who I am anymore or who you want me to be? I NEED you to lead me down the path you have set for me!! I can't do this on my own! I'm turning this over to you!" And at that moment we surrender it all over to God and it's out of our hands...


I can't tell you how many times I have been in this same spot!! When I have cried, yelled, and been so lost that I knew the only person who could help me was the "Big Guy Upstairs". When I've tried everything I can think of to make things work the way I think they should and yet they never seem to work. SURPRISE?!

And that is when I have to surrender, let go, and listen. I've gotten pretty good at the first two, but like someone pointed me out the other day.... I have to stop and actually listen for the answers he is giving me. There are times (a lot lately) that my mind is going in so many different directions that I can't even seem to calm it enough to hear what he is saying to me unless I shut the rest of the world out completely. And that is what I find myself doing more and more.... I leave this all of this worldy chaos and I disappear to a place where my phone isn't going off with 15 different notifications, where I don't have to worry about what everyone is doing or saying around me.... and I listen.

We can't do this on our own.... So WHY is that so hard for us to understand? Why when we are at our lowest do we still struggle to turn it all over to the only one we KNOW can and will always be there for us?

I think that some times we forget how important each one of us is to God. We think  that he doesn't have time for or he doesn't need to hear all of our problems, that we should be able to handle things on our own. We forget who WE are to HIM! We forget that he wants all of us to succeed and that when we rely on him and turn our biggest fears and problems over to him we are showing him OUR love, faith, and trust in HIM!

I know I struggle with this at times but I truly know that when we do turn our problems, fears, and downfalls over to our God and LISTEN he will show us the way through our toughest times. I have a very strong testimony to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment