Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Fork in the Road

The Fork in the Road


"And one day she realized she had a choice to make as she came to a fork in the road... She stopped and reflected back on the long windy road she had already traveled. She remembered all of the ups and downs, hurt, tears, and heartbreaks she had endured. So which way would she go? Down the road that could do the same all over again? Or had she finally gotten to the point that she knew she had tried her hardest, made every effort, and could take the other road that would leave certain people behind, but take her to a place she had worked so hard to get? And that is when she chose happiness."

This is the kind of thing that just pops in to my head at times, like this morning at the gym while I was trying to bust out my cardio warmup, and I have to immediately stop and write it down. When this happens it's always like it's the answer I've been waiting for, and it's time to follow through and make some choices.

I am guilty of giving some people too many chances, continuing to make an effort even after I have been burned, and always trying to see the good/ brighter side even if my heart has been broken. For the last month I have been praying to find the answers of how to handle a certain relationship in my life. I was tired of feeling unimportant, wondering if I really even mattered, making an ass of myself by continuing to try, and loving someone who obviously did not feel the same about me. The hard part was that his actions never portrayed the words he was saying, but for some reason I couldn't get him out of my head. I couldn't just walk away like I had so many times before.... and honestly I was at a loss. I was at the fork in the road.... and I needed to decide which path I was going to take.

Did I just continue to the road that I knew in my heart and soul was going to wind back around and take me back to where I had struggled so hard to get off of? Or did I finally decide to take the road that might be a little harder at first but in the end it would lead to happiness? And as hard as that choice seemed to be... I chose the road to happiness.

Do I know what that road consists of? What stops there will be a long the way? No I don't, but I do know that it has to better than the twisty windy road that only leads to heartache and sadness. And I know that as long as I trust in the big guy upstairs he will lead me down this road and help me through any bumps that seem to show up.


No comments:

Post a Comment