Saturday, April 23, 2016

Things I have learned about myself...

 

A few things I have learned about ME...

1. As much as I do not like "people" I have learned lately that I'm actually good with people. Weird I know! I like to hear about peoples families and their history. I like to watch the dynamic of how people choose to interact with others. And I have finally realized that the reason I avoid most people is because I care about them way too much.

2. I do not do well with people telling me half truths or lying to me. I know no one likes to be lied to but it seriously breaks my heart and weighs heavily on my brain to a point that most times I walk away because I can't handle the thought of why someone chose to not tell me the truth no matter how THEY think it will make me feel.

3. As tough as I think I am or I portray I am.... I break down and hurt just like all the rest. I remember my mom telling a nurse in the ICU before she passed that I was her STRONG child and could make it through anything. When in reality I struggle and hide my weak moments from most of the important people in my life because I feel like I have to be strong for everyone.

4. I am a HUGE dork! HA! And I love it! I'm that girl who sings at the top of her lungs in the car! The crazy aunt that likes having dance parties and playing games with the kids. The wild friend that will make a fool of myself just to laugh and have a good time with my friends.

5. I LOVE adventure and travel! I love to jump in the car and just GO! No set plans and no set destination! I love to see new things and meet new people. People who don't know me from Adam but are willing to share their story and kindest just because they can.

6. I have a slight case of OCD. Now it's nothing compared to 10 years ago but it the volume on any electronic device is on an odd number it makes me crazy!! And no matter whos vehicle or tv I will ask you to put it on an even number or just change it myself.

7. I'm definitely not the person I pictured myself to be when I was growing up, BUT I love who I am!

8. When I fall in love, which isn't an easy thing for me to do I LOVE hard! And if it doesn't work out... even though I pretend that I'm over it and okay.... it takes me a very long time to REALLY be over it.

9. I have learned that I have to take time to e alone frequently to recharge my batteries so I can deal with the world. I know it sounds weird but people drain me. I am 100% comfortable spending an entire weekend alone and never answering my phone or seeing another person.

10. I only allow a few people to truly be apart of my world, not because I have anything to hide but more because I'm all about quality relationships and not quantity. If someone continue to hurt me or make me feel as though I can easily be replaced.... I have a habit of walking away and, except on rare occasions, never looking back.

11. I forgive quickly... I do not forgive people for them but I have learned to forgive them for myself so that I don't have to pack the hurt and baggage that they brought with me.

12. I tend to be very blunt even when it's not the best time to be blunt. I have a hard time handling people with kid gloves.

I think as we grow older we learn a lot more about who we have become, whether good or bad. And knowing who you are and being happy with yourself is one of the most important things we need to learn in this life to truly be HAPPY!


No comments:

Post a Comment